Monday, November 10, 2008

Question the First

I was taking a look at some other blogs today and saw one in which the writer (blogger? Surely not author ...) posted answers to random questions as either a complete post or part of the post. Seeing this I suddenly remembered that I had a book of questions (indeed, if you believe the title it is, "The Book of Questions") that would be perfect for a small installment in my blog, and maybe it would help jumpstart more activity on my part.

I'm taking it easy on the first question: If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chaffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would it be?

Right away I can knock out housekeeper (who cares?) and personal secretary (not really that busy). Chaffeur is tempting because I hate driving and cars and just about everything that goes along with that. My own personal chaffeur would be pretty sweet. Masseuse is attractive, too, but how many massages can a guy get in five years and still really get into it, you know? I'm going to have to go with good chef, final answer. Extremely good food every night for five years? Sign me up!

What about you? Cook, chaffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or secretary?

2 comments:

Trisha said...

A chaffeur does not appeal to me as time spent alone driving and singing at the top of my lungs is one of my greatest stress relievers. I already have a housekeeper, so I'm good there. Deciding between a cook, masseuse, and secretary is a bit tricky and I find myself questioning the terms and conditions (the quickest way to ruin a hypothetical question, right?)

But...

Do I have the masseuse on hand 24/7? Does the cook clean up afterwards? Will the personal secretary grade my papers for me?

Assuming the answer to all of those questions is yes. I'm damned. I love massages with a deep abiding passion, and I hate to cook with almost the same level of passion. But if I could find someone who would grade my papers for me, well I just don't know if I could pass that up.

If the answer to the questions is no for all three; I have to go with the masseuse. Back rubs for free for five years. Ahhh, wonderful.

Deborah said...

I'll take the cook.